Enterprise Content Management
Enterprise content management is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the organization's processes. It encompasses strategies, methods, and tools used throughout the lifecycle of the content.
AIIM firstly defined five ECM components and technologies:
- Capture. Collect paper documents or electronic files and information into a consistent structure for management.
- Manage. Document and Records management, according to the organization’s document retention policy.
- Store. Temporarily store information that isn't required, desired, or ready for long-term storage or preservation.
- Preserve. Long-term, safe storage and backup of static, unchanging information.
- Deliver. Enter information into other systems (such as portable media, or formatted output files); or for readying information, such as by converting its format or compressing it, for the Store and Preserve components.
Enterprise Content Management combines analytics, collaboration, governance and processes with anywhere, anytime access to deliver value to your customers, partners, and employees. When used effectively, even complex content becomes your greatest business asset.
AIIM’s Enterprise Content Management course has provided over 20,000 information professionals with a systematic approach to manage their content across the enterprise. The course information is applicable across all industries, and is independent of any particular technology or vendor solution.
Who can benefit from the training?
The course is designed for IT, business analysts, consultants, managers, information managers, as well as for solution providers, sales consultants, project managers, and technical staff. And all other professionals who are tasked with accurately and effectively managing organizational business processes.
What are my learning options?
The course offers three certificate levels – Practitioner, Specialist, and Master – as well as individual modules covering specific records management topics. Students have 24/7 unlimited access to online self-paced modules, supporting materials, and the exam for 6 months.
OTHER INSIGHTS ON DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Find more information about Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions here.
Latourrette Consulting is a Certified AIIM Trainning Partner in Portugal/USA/Brasil/Colombia/España/Nederland/Chile.