Kofax Kapow and Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Automating the integration of information and processes with RPA.
Many are concerned that Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology will eliminate jobs, while in fact, it will eliminate the most time-consuming manual processes.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach. There a lot of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) tools out there (seemingly more every day). Latourrette Consulting helps your company on planning and implementing projects in your areas of highest impact and benefit.
Kofax Kapow and Robotics Process Automation (RPA) automates the acquisition and integration of information – especially from websites and web portals – to an organization’s business applications, without the need for coding. Information that was previously unattainable, unusable or costly to integrate becomes readily consumable to drive productivity and add insight into the decision-making process.
Simple, visual design
Kapow requires no custom coding and integration flows can be built within a matter of a few hours, all by a non-programmer (e.g. Business Analyst).
Built for the enterprise
Process debugging, centralized management console for managing deployments and system monitoring, multiple deployment options, load balancing, failover, and multi-threaded execution all make Kapow an enterprise class solution.
Access to nearly any information source
Kofax Kapow Synthetic APIs plus API-level and database integration covers nearly 100% of an organization’s information integration needs.
Agile deployment model
Rapidly design and deploy integration flows in a matter of hours or rather than weeks or months.
What are the different product components?
Kofax Kapow and Robotics Process Automation (RPA) empowers business users to get work done more efficiently and make better decisions by automating the acquisition of external web data and combining with internal data sources so that employees are informed and empowered to make decisions quickly. With its scalable and reliable integration engine and intuitive visual design environment, Kapow helps to build and integrate data-driven workflows to automate processes that span across external websites and web portals, internal enterprise applications, databases, legacy systems, and Excel, driving efficiencies in data intensive processes.
- Kofax Kapow Design Studio - a visual design environment that is used to create integration flows (robots). Business analyst and developers click through the applications and data sources to integrate and create an automated data integration workflow.
- Kofax Kapow Management Console - governs the functions of the Kapow, including uploaded and deploying integration flows, scheduling, system monitoring, and user administration.
- Kofax Kapow Kapplets - delivers a business user friendly interface to Kapow integration flows (robots). Kapow administrators can make execution of one or more robots available to users as a Kapplet, who need not know anything about robots as they will interact with the robots through the provided Kapplet.
- Kofax Kapow KappZone - a published library of all available Kapplets, to be discovered and retrieved by the business user.
- Kofax Analytics for Kapow - provides out-of-the-box data integration operations and system performance dashboards. It delivers interactive views of system performance and integration flow metrics to better enable administrators to monitor and analyze system performance, integration flows (robot runs), and detect problems with data sources and performance issues.
Features and Benefits of Kofax Kapow and Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Connectivity too many sources. Access and integrate information from hard to reach internal and external sources, including cloud-based services, SaaS applications, public web sites, portals, internal legacy applications, databases, and Microsoft Excel.
- Unique web integration capabilities. Automates human interactions with websites, portals, and information cloud services, such as logging in and building a search query, then quickly locating and acquiring the data.
- Data transformation. Apply almost any business logic to the extracted information, transforming it into an accepted format, and delivering it to multiple business systems, databases, and business intelligence tools like Kofax Insight and Microsoft Excel.
- Information distribution. Deliver information results to business users via lightweight Kapow Kapplets business apps, enterprise applications, and BI tools for information acquisition, discovery, and processing.
- Visual design. Quickly build integration and data-driven automation flows against live data. Kapow Synthetic API™ technology simulates API functionality without coding, making information easily accessible regardless of where it resides.
- Enterprise-class platform. A stateless, multi-threaded architecture enables enterprises to scale and handle high volume processing on premise, cloud or virtual deployments to meet business needs. With system management and monitoring, easily run, manage, and schedule integration flows all from a centralized management console.
- Automated Enterprise Content Migration. Avoid costly migration costs and reduce traditional migration time by up to 90%; Requires minimal or no downtime; Improve the user experience by enriching the metadata with other external sources; Achieve 100% content and metadata accuracy.
Kofax Kapow and Robotics Process Automation (RPA) offers solutions that address a customer’s needs at every point where information needs to be integrated into business applications.
Web Information Integration
Acquiring data from hard to integrate external web sources (e.g. public web sites and web portals) and turn it into meaningful information. Web information integration can leverage data to satisfy the requirements for almost any data-driven intelligence application including competitive price monitoring, sales intelligence, news aggregation, background checks, brand monitoring, financial investment research, IP protection and fraud detection, OSINT and more.
Automating manual, repetitive data-driven activities where data needs to be accessed, integrated, and acted on as part of a business process. This commonly includes automating complex data-driven processes between partners, customers, and supplier ecosystems. For example, customers might want to eliminate the inefficiencies of a multi-step business supply chain process currently done manually and increase the efficiency around the data being exchanged across their supply chain.
Migrating content from legacy web content and enterprise content management systems into modern content management systems like Microsoft SharePoint.
Kofax Kapow for ECM Migration: Why Migrate?
- Inherited many ECM systems
- New enterprise content strategy
- Centralize and consolidate ECM records and metadata
- Eliminate maintenance of legacy systems
- Common ECM infrastructure
When compared to traditional non-Robotic Process Automation (RPA), the implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) in business enterprises has dramatic cost savings.
Contact us for more information regarding Kofax Kapow and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions.
Latourrette Consulting is a Certified Kofax Partner in Portugal/USA/Brasil/Colombia/España/Nederland/Chile.